My favourite lunch

The following is an adaptation of the recipe for Sue’s Super Soup found in Karen Knowler‘s 50 Quick, Easy, Healthy & Delicious Raw Food Recipes ebook.

Ingredients:

• One avocado
  • Two tomatoes
  • Juice of one orange
  • Two tablespoons flaxseed oil (or olive oil. Flaxseed oil contains omega 3 for those of us who don’t eat fish.)
  • Four tablespoons sultanas (try more or less if it’s too sweet or not sweet enough)
  • A dash of tamari OR soy sauce OR a pinch of salt (just a little bit!)
  • Some red or green capsicum, finely sliced

Directions:

1. Place everything except the capsicum in a blender.
  2. Blend to a smooth consistency.
  3. Pour into a soup bowl, garnish with capsicum. This adds a bit of texture to the soup.
  4. Serve with crunchy toast for dipping, or flax crackers if you’d like to keep the meal entirely raw.

Serves one. Enjoy! :)

Share and Enjoy:
  • Facebook
  • StumbleUpon
  • Twitter

If you enjoyed this post, you might also like...

6 Responses to “My favourite lunch”

1. Petch
    8 May 2009 at 07:54

That looks tasty!! Just found your blog for the first time then (get into work before 7am because you have a big day ahead and end up procrastinating by reading a new blog, uni has obviously taught me something), will have to keep an eye on it, looks like you’ve got some really good stuff to say :-)

2. Rohan
    16 May 2009 at 20:01

Thanks :) Hey cool, I didn’t know I’d created something worthy of procrastination :p And yes, I think uni’s done a fine job of educating us in the art of procrastination :p BTW, where are you working these days?

3. Petch
    18 May 2009 at 14:07

PricewaterhouseCoopers as an IT consultant… not doing too much programming unfortunately, mainly doing stuff around project management. Kinda cool in that it’s stuff that most technical IT people don’t get exposure to but at the same time I miss hardcore coding… What are you up to? Or is the indie thing big enough now to support you?

4. Rohan
    21 May 2009 at 07:38

I was working at Immigration, but I quit that and I’m looking for more freelance work now. Also doing a bit of web app development, but mostly as a hobby rather than a business.
    What’s it like working for a big company? I found Immi a bit bureaucratic, wondering if private sector is better?

5. Nathan Petchell
    22 May 2009 at 08:12

It’s different to Immi… for a start there’s the GFC going on so everyone’s a bit on edge, PwC is not too bad though, they’re not panicking and seem to be doing everything they can not to loose many staff, in Canberra they haven’t made any professional staff redundant. It’s not too bureaucratic, they have to be efficient to make a profit so I’ve found I’m generally given a direction and told to make sure to ask questions if required and that’s about it with the occasional meeting to see how I’m going. All I’ve worked for so far is private and PwC has been the best by a long way, the other two companies where I was employed as a Software Engineer were both pretty bad, one probably a lot like Immi extremely bureaucratic not too much talent and the other was a small web based company that did give a lot of freedom as far as how you got stuff done but had no concept of how development should work it was very much all about the ‘hack’.

To meet my current coding needs doing a bit of development as a hobby with a guy from Uni. We’re going to code games, casual at first and see where things go from there. We’re still figuring out how it’s all going to work, all that’s locked in at this stage is monthly meetings at whatever WiFi cafe we decide for that month :-)

6. Rohan
    26 May 2009 at 14:43

Hmm, interesting. And the side coding thing sounds fun :) I’m doing something similar with Luke W and Jack, though we’re all working on different projects and meeting up twice a week. Let me know how it goes :)